Murder Known in Advance

She lies there in her hospital bed pale and hurting, still in shock from her mother’s murder, not believing that her baby has been recovered. She tells the story of how she got involved with the Palestinian who stabbed her, killed her mother and kidnapped her baby.

“It happened when I was 16, after my father died. I knew him from my neighborhood in Beersheva; he was nice and considerate. It never occurred to me that he was Palestinian. He spoke Hebrew fluently and was known to everyone as Amir. My mother didn’t like him from the start. She asked me to leave him even before she knew the truth about him.

“But I didn’t want to lose him. Whatever I wanted, he made sure I got. He also got along well with most of my family. I began to suspect that something was off and pressed him to show me his ID card but he kept brushing me off. At some point, I succeeded in getting his ID card and couldn’t believe what I saw: He lived in Hebron. I understood that he had cheated me all along.

“This is when things took a turn for the worse. I wanted to leave him, but every time I talked about it he started making threats. I saw a side of him I’d never seen before. He was always angry and violent. He would come home from work and give me orders. After the birth of my daughter things got even worse. He forbade me from contacting friends and family. I was only allowed to see him, the baby and the four walls of our home.

“At a certain point my mother turned to Yad L’Achim and asked them to get me away from him and into a secret residence in northern Israel. Yad L’Achim did what she asked, but somehow he managed to track me down. He contacted me in the north, but didn’t harm me. Apparently, he was saving that for later.

“When I brought the baby to see my mother in Beersheva, he showed up at the house. He demanded to see the baby, but my mother refused. He took out a knife and began stabbing her wildly. I tried to run away. He chased me around the house and somehow I managed to reach the phone. I called the police and screamed. ‘He’s murdering us.’ And then he caught up with me, grabbed the phone and stabbed me everywhere. He spotted the baby, grabbed her and ran away.”

By the police arrived it was too late to save her mother. She was taken to Soroka Hospital, where she was admitted in critical condition.”

Police launched an intensive 24-hour operation and, thank G-d, found the baby, unharmed, in the home of the kidnapper’s family.

Yad L’achim adopted the young mother, who was now orphaned on both sides, together with her sister and baby. After consulting with police it was decided that Yad L’Achim would settle the family in a secret apartment.

למעבר מהיר לתרומה יש למלא כאן את מס’ הטלפון שלכם

למעבר מהיר לתרומה יש למלא כאן את מס’ הטלפון שלכם

למעבר מהיר לתרומה יש למלא כאן את מס’ הטלפון שלכם

למעבר מהיר לתרומה יש למלא כאן את כתובת המייל