PayPal

A Yeshivah for Yemenite Jews, Courtesy of Yad L'Achim


On 12 Tevet, 5715 (1955), immigrants from Yemen who had been settled in Moshav Ta'oz in the Jerusalem Hills, near Beit Shemesh, celebrate the establishment of Yeshivas Ta'oz by Yad L'Achim. The yeshiva gave young immigrants Torah-learning skills and included a dormitory for students from nearby settlements. The dedication drew large crowds and the participation of honored Rabbis, including: Harav Yaakov Moshe Toledano, the chief rabbi of Tel Aviv and later the religious affairs minister, Dr. Shneor Zalman Cahane, director general of the Religious Affairs Ministry, Harav Moshe Porush, the head of the Porush famiy from Jerusalem. Regrettably, the security forces closed the school down a year and a half later due Fedayeen terror attacks in the area.

PrintTell a friend

More documents and pictures

Daronet Web Building
Jump to page content
YAD L'ACHIM - USA Contact Info: 1-866-923-5224 e-mail: info@YadLachim.org